(When the error concerns PDFbyHand instead of MovAlyzeR, replace MovAlyzeR by PDFbyHand).
When you get:
License file is not readable or is missing. Please, uninstall and reinstall the program.
then the license file may really be missing.
Otherwise when you get:
License file is missing
it may just be an insufficient-privilege error.
POSSIBLE QUICK FIX
(1) Click OK. Check your screen. Did MovAlyzeR start miraculously? Then it could be that you started 2 MovAlyzeRs at about the same time. The second MovAlyzeR could not access the license file while the first MovAlyzeR had the license file still open. So the second MovAlyzeR generated the Missing-License-File error. You can run many MovAlyzeRs simultaneously but start them with a delay of a second or so.
(2) Run >All Programs >NeuroScript >MovalyzeR >MovAlyzeR Help (or one of the other programs) >Double click
Or: Rightclick >Run As ... >Power user
Then try MovALyzeR
Then try MovAlyzeR
When following instructions:
When installing MovAlyzeR6 or PDFbyHand1, the following error occurs:
The license file is missing:
c:\...\NeuroScript\movalyzer60.lic license file is missing.
c:\...\NeuroScript\pbh10.lic license file is missing.
Verify the file exists. If not, uninstall and reinstall the application.
Otherwise, please contact NeuroScript at email@example.com
Closing the application.
When clicking OK you get:
(1) Start >Run
Paste the following:
(%ALLUSERSPROFILE% is an environment variable set at each system separately, e.g.,:
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINXP)
(2) If you see the .lic file, proceed with (3). Otherwise, if you do not see any files, they might be present but hidden. Open the folder, click the View tab, Select Show Hidden Files.
Verify, the .lic file shown in the error message is the same, exists, and has a "Modified" date and time of the last run of MovAlyzeR. That would mean it was read AND written. If ONLY the "Access" data is updated it suggests "Read" permission but not "Write" permission.
If not, it seems that the logged-in user does not have Full Control permission (Modify, Read, Write) to alter the license file. As a test, you can Run As Administrator: Explore (e.g., Start >Run and paste the following):
Rightclick MovAlyzeR.exe >Run as ..
Select: The following user:
Select the administrator
If MovAlyzeR works when Run As Administrator it is a sign that the permission level of the current user is not sufficient.
Here follows an example when Movalyzer was started at July 06, 2012, 12:51 am
If this is too difficult to verify you could do:
1. Click: Start >Run
2. Type: cmd
to start the Dosprompt
3. Type in Dosprompt followed by hitting Enter: Notepad testlic.bat
4. Click: Yes
to create this file
5. Paste the paragraph below into Notepad
6. Save, Exit
7. Type in Dosprompt followed by hitting Enter: testlic.bat>testlic.txt
8. Type in Dosprompt followed by hitting Enter: testlic.txt
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org testlic.txt as attachment or pasted into the email.
RESOLUTION AND CAUSES
dir "%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\NeuroScript\movalyzer60.lic"
cacls "%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\NeuroScript\movalyzer60.lic"
dir "%PROGRAMDATA%\Application Data\NeuroScript\movalyzer60.lic"
cacls "%PROGRAMDATA%\Application Data\NeuroScript\movalyzer60.lic"
(3) If the .lic file is indeed missing, please, download from www.neuroscriptsoftware.com and reinstall the application. Then run the application again.
You may need Administrator's privilege. Install for All Users.
Verify the application runs when logged in as Administrator. Then log out and login as a user and test the application runs.
(4) Verify that the .lic file shown in the error messages and that all directories of its path are readable and writable by the logged-in user.
Your administrator may need to check and change the file and its directories for access permissions by rightclicking on the file >Properties.
Here follows an example where your user, or Everyone (not only SYSTEM) has read, write, modify access to the license file.
The directory of:
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users
is specified by an environment variable:
You can see the value of this environmental variable by:
This will open the command window.
Type: echo %AllUsersProfile%
NOTE: The Application directory for the specific user (not for all users) is: %AppData%
For example, the license file could be:
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NeuroScript\movalyzer60.lic
(or, when using PDFbyHand c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NeuroScript\pbh10.lic)
NOTE: You may still have old .lic files from previous releases installed. No need to check those .lic files. Those old the .lic files are in:
c:\Program Files\Common Files\NeuroScript Shared
(5) Verify the program runs under the intended user and not only under the administrator's login. Do not run as Poweruser.
(6) If that does not help, uninstall MovAlyzeR (Start >All Files >NeuroScript >Uninstall MovAlyzeR) or PDF by Hand.
o Remove the .lic file and all other files in the directory of the .lic file
o Remove the entire directory
o Download MovAlyzeR
o Reinstall MovAlyzeR.
o Start MovAlyzeR
A hexadecimal Request Code will be generated.
Its format is (example): 1234-5678-90ab-cdef
Please, email that code to email@example.com.
We will promptly return an Activation Code.
Its format is (example): 1234-5678-90AB-CDEF